Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Arizona/Breast Cancer 3-Day

Thursday night, Kara, Heber, Joseph and I set off on a looooong drive to Arizona. Our trip was filled with so many fun memories that'll last forever! Kara and I stayed up just laughing hysterically at nothing, and we even got Joseph to sing his lungs out to Taylor Swift. It was priceless!
    
Their mom, Analee, was in a 3day, 60 mile breast cancer walk. Having two people in her immediate family struggling with cancer as well as a good friend of hers pass away due to breast cancer, this was a very special time for her to be in a walk for such a great cause. Overall, the walkers raised I think around 2 million dollars to go towards finding the cure for breast cancer. It was amazing to me to see all of these woman (there were a few men as well) struggle and fight to finish the walk. Analee was always at the top of the pack just going, going, going. I am so proud of her for being so determined, and being so incredibly positive through it all! I am so glad I was able to go and support her! Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
The rose they all received at the closing ceremonies

The three ribbons representing both types of cancer in their family as well as the breast cancer ribbon




Jim and Ann


Kara and Analee a little blurry...

The family


This has terrible picture quality- but I love it.
  


I also was able to visit my grandparents! I hadn't seen them for about three years. I was able to spend the night with the Hill's one night and then spend a couple of hours with Grandma and Papa on Sunday. It was the perfect way to end my vacation! :)

I LOVE THEM!!!

Overall, my trip was terrific and I'm so glad I was able to take a couple days off of work and just relax and have fun!

No comments: