Friday, February 20, 2009

Reflection

I have been contemplating a lot about life and about my future lately, and looking back on past trials that I have had, I have come to realize, more surely, how blessed I am. I believe people have come in and out of my life for reasons, but the ones that have stayed in my life are the ones that have impacted me the most.

First of all, my family. I am very lucky to be a part of such a beautiful, fun, and outstanding family. I, like Nephi, have been born of goodly parents! They are both some of the funnest people I have ever been around. My dad is a 12 year old trapped inside a 47 year old man's body. My mom is the one that definitely balances him out as she is the one who will laugh at him, and not with him. ha ha. She makes sure to keep him in line, yet stands by his side to always support his decisions. They both have raised my siblings and me in righteousness and has instilled in our minds the importance of hard work, ambition, education, family, and most of all, the importance of the Church in our lives, and how to always give thanks to our Father for all we have. I love my parents, and I love my family! Ryan, my brother in law, is a pretty "average" guy as well :) no, really.. all joking set aside- He is absolutely wonderful and coulndn't ask for a better person to now be apart of our family. I don't know if he could say the same about us, but I don't really care about that! ha! 
As for my siblings, I truly don't know how I was so extremely lucky to get stuck with the five most amazing people for eternity! They all have such different personalities yet all come together to form such a strong bond and love for one another. Granted, we do fight here and there, but we our friendship and bond between eachother is not something you can find in any ol' family. My family is very unique, and definitely one of a kind. Wonderful, amazing, tremendous! haha. 

Secondly, my very best friends that never let me get down on myself and are always pushing me to be a better person. I have great friends back in Washington, and have made life-long friends here in Salt Lake. It seems though the minute I start getting a little bit down, or the minute I start having a bad day, they know exactly what to do without giving me a superfluous amount of attention to make my day better. I don't know how I found such great friends, but I do know that the Lord knows me and knows I couldn't last these last days without very profound/phenomenal friends. 
Lastly, the "grown ups" in my life. By this, I mean the people who I look up to on a daily basis as I do not have any family here in Utah with me. The Serrell's definitely have helped me a lot through different rough times in my life. I still go to watch their kids on Thursday's until the summer when I will be full-time again. Hope always knows when I've had a bad day, when I had a great night the night before, or when I am really homesick. She gives me great advice about life, and though her religious beliefs are not the same as mine, she gives me outstanding insight on life and gives me a completely different perspective on how to see our trials that come into our lives. 

Also, Aunt Missy. She is Ryan's aunt, but my adopted aunt :). She is someone I can go to with deep Gospel questions or to talk about things that are really bothering me about any aspect-boys, school, roommates.. the list goes on. She is a hero in my life, and I look up to her a lot in my life! She definitely does not treat me as "Sarah's little sister" as do most adults back home who know us both. I love her and am so grateful for her being apart of my life daily.

I guess this post was mostly for my benefit instead of the benefit of others. It's good to sometimes sit back and contemplate about life, and where I want my life to be in ten years. About a month ago, I thought I had my life all planned out, and I seemed to be pretty satisfied with that plan, but as I think now, that direction I was going to embark on is not the direction my life will be heading towards anytime soon, nor is it the direction I want my life to be heading anytime soon. I am very happy with how my life is and with taking one day at a time.

4 comments:

Caleb, Rebecca, Jack and Charlie said...

You are so stinkin cute! Isn't life just wonderful? It's amazing how blessed our lives are, and if we don't slow down to recognize it, we find ourselves in "rough times". You're great Jenn! Love ya girl!
P.S. That picture of "Aunt Missy", I love it! Ü

The Moronta's said...

Oh... groves... the adventure... But really I love you so freakin much! Mi chica hermosa!

Jessica said...

Oh Sweetie--I wish you never had to have bad times--if I could keep them from happening to you I would. Sounds like you kept your head on your shoulders--what else could I expect from my Jennie???? I hope you turn into a little dating machine and show those Utah boys what a Washington girl is all about!!! Miss you Miss you. Are you keeping track of Mindee Lou???? I wish I could build a wall around both of you that kept you both safe and protected....

marciekoch said...

What Jess said is so sweet, and so true. I want so much for you in life and you are capable of doing all of it. Don't settle for anything less than the best because that is what you are - the best. Don't hurry into anything or wish your life away. One day you'll wake up and be Jess & my age and wonder what the heck happened to your carefree dating diva days! love love love you!