Thursday, July 30, 2009

Infatuations

Today at work, I was sitting and just thinking about stupid things I am completely infatuated with.


First off- farmers/cowboys.







How can this not be your fantasy husband?




I was at the Days of 47 rodeo the other day, and I could not stop staring at all the boys in their cowboy boots and Stetsons. I think a lot of it is that cowboys and farmers in general remind me of my dad, and the stories he'd tell of when he was a teenager and mid 20's. He was truly the Man from Snowy River.... It's just odd to me that such a city girl, like my mom, could fall in love with someone of such a simple and plain lifestyle. Besides their rough, tough manly-ness.. I think the biggest thing that attracts me to these men is their work ethic. I'm pretty sure about 99% of men I date in Utah have less drive than me in life, and a good majority of them are more feminine than me. You may laugh, but it is a very true statement.

Granted, the stereotype of these type of people is very real in some cases, so to avoid finding myself living white trash the rest of my life, I have decided on the following:
Marry a man who grew up or worked on a farm, yet is now a business man. We live on the outskirts of a big town with a lot of land and some animals. What a perfect life that would be... too bad I won't be having that luxury anytime soon... living on a farm..... and especially getting married...
See, look how cute!! :)

Okay, infatuation #2. Hair. I love hair. (That reminds me of that youtube video of "shoes" Sarah, you know EXACTLY what I'm talking about hahaha)

Ever since I was young, I have always loved doing people's hair. The first time I did someone's hair for a dance was when I was a freshman in high school, and Christianne was going to homecoming. Well, maybe I was a sophomore. I don't remember. I remember that poor Christianne's hair was a little lopsided, but she just said it looked good and I let her believe it.... I feel bad now though! ha....


The far one was just an updo for a dance, but this one was my favorite I've done on myself.. It was a side pony tail all curled and pinned. The back looked way rad. I was extremely proud of myself for this :)


I would love to learn more ways to do pretty hair! ha
I mostly love up-dos, but I always notice people's hair. I love when boys have a beautifully clean cut look with their hair done nicely, and when girls do their hair all nice when they go out for the night. I know I don't do my hair most of the time, but I still love to actually do hair. Mine and anyone elses. I always wanted to be a beautition, but that idea got shot down real quick from my family. Maybe one day I'll go to beauty school....maybe....
Last infatuation of the day: Peanut Butter. I love everything peanut butter flavored. well anything besides ritz bits. I ate peanut butter m&m's today and my mind was blown away by how such greatness can be packed inside such a small piece of chocolate coated candy. Amazes me.
I also put peanut butter in my protein shakes after my workouts (great shake: EAS chocolate protein, frozen berries from Costco, and Adam's peanut butter. Sounds funny. but it's ridiculously amazing)
I love pure peanut butter sandwiches, and peanut butter cookies.
What would the world be like withouth this tasty substance?! :)
I think that's all for today. I have plenty more, but those are definitely my top three....

5 comments:

The Moronta's said...

Haha love it. Love the look too! :) Yup you always do my hair.. thank goodness. It's funny our men have totally different work ethic backgrounds.... pray for me... haha jk. Love ya!

Christianne said...

Haha! I don't remember my hair being lopsided! Maybe it was because I couldn't really see the back of it...jk! It looked great. Hair is so much fun. And I love peanut butter too. And I always thought I would marry a farmer but I guess I married the opposite ;-) Gotta love the so. cal surfer boys!

Jessica said...

Darlin' I love you. You made my day today. I always wanted a cowboy too...funny story. The first time I met Todd I knew he grew up on a farm and worked at a ford dealership, so I figured he drove a big nice truck--not exactly. When we went out to the parking lot I was looking around for a total hick truck...but what I got taken out in was an Audi---so much for marrying a farm boy:) Good luck on your man hunt---don't settle!!!! By the way...peanut butter and apples is pre bliss in my book---just a suggestion:)

Chase and Elise said...

Come play with my hair any time you want! Chase doesnt have an act for it!

marciekoch said...

Yep - Tanae's sister. I called it back in April when she won in Moses Lake. :) Miss you, Jennie Pennie!