Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Today I am grateful for a messy purse.



On Saturday, a few girl friends and I got all dressed up for a night out. We went to Olive Garden and took full advantage of the fact that everyone there thought we were completely wasted. We had the waiters (who were very good looking by the way) all stopping to talk and say goodbye as they left, and our waiter loved us! :) He just kept bringing us more and more stuff and even gave us a whole bunch of breadsticks to go when we left. It was beautiful! ha





He also brought us a big glass full of the Olive Garden Andes mints. I was so excited with the fact that I usually only get one mint, so I grabbed the glass and poured all the mints in my purse. Carlie actually never even knew we got mints because I hoarded them all to myself. Well, that wonderful idea of mine definitely came back to bite me as I forgot they were in my purse the next day. I left my purse in my car when I went to Mickelsen's for Benson's blessing bbq after church.... I ran over to the church a little later because I had to bring a salad to "Break the fast." when I got back into my car I was enjoying to wonderful smell of mint chocolate until it hit me why I was smelling this in my steaming hot car. The MINTS!


I kind of freaked out as I opened my nice Kathy purse to find it smothered in chocolate. I ran home and pulled everything out of the purse, and luckily I had so many papers and junk in there that I really didn't get chocolate on the lining of the purse. There was a little here and there but it was mostly all over my receipts and wallet... I even threw away a $20 bill because I didn't know what it was! ha.... no worries though, I figured it out quickly and just washed it off! :)




I now know to 1.never act drunk in public 2. never steal and 3. never skip relief society for a family bbq. ha!

1 comment:

Becca Gorden said...

Haha that is hilarious! Oh the many times we've been asked if we're drunk. Good times. I NEED A GIRLS NIGHT OUT! We need to get together some people and hang out soon! Whether it's lunch or whatever. And sad story about the purse. That seems like it may have happened to me somewhere along the road. Hmm..