Monday, August 24, 2009

Cruises, Scooters, and White Vinyl Fences






 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It all started when the Mickelsen's decided to go on a family cruise to the Bahamas. They got in on Thursday, and I went over on Friday to go visit Kara and see her nice tan and see pictures.
We started getting all excited and antsy and went searching for our next cruise and started planning it for next year... which by the way is going to be absolutely amazing!
We then went to dinner and when we were pulling in, we noticed that Josh and Nicole were out by his scooters and I wanted to see his new one. He seems to always have a new one, but they're kinda fun so we ride them around a lot :).
He showed me his brand new one that had only 2 miles on it. I told him I wanted to ride it but I wasn't meaning I had to right then. Apparently the guys we were with thought Kara and I wanted to go on a ride right then. After going inside, the boys, david and adam, came and asked us to go for a ride with them so we said sure and off we went. I hopped on the back of Adam's and Kara with David.
We reach a stop sign as we approach the exit of Mickelsen's neighborhood, we started to turn the corner, yet Adam overestimated the turning time, and we began to take a very very wide turn- as we were getting closer to the fence across the small street, I realized that no, we were not turning, yet we were heading straight for the fence!
Why weren't we turning?
Turn, Turn Turn... !!!
BAM! white fence in my face!
As I pictured the scooter plummeting to it's death, I did not want to participate in that occasion, so I bailed the bike and jumped off right as we destroyed the neighbors beautiful white vinyl fence. I still hit the fence but I don't really remember much after jumping off. I cannot tell you how I swelled my ankle, tore off many layers of my skin on my shin and ankle or how my eye got a nice bruise and scratch, but I can tell you that I somehow got over to Kara and David's bike by myself. ha...
My head throbbed, but after a few meds, I was feeling much better. Kara says I did a little high pitched, short scream but then again, I have no recollection of the sort. haha.
Poor Adam was scraped up pretty bad. He had never driven a scooter, and then having a girl on the back makes things even worse since he has to balance weight. I feel bad for him, yet then again if I knew it was his first time driving one, I can guarantee either I would have driven, or I wouldn't have gone at all....
Overall it was actually pretty funny thinking about it, but then again Josh's scooter only had 2 miles on it, and the thin little plastic protective covers were still on the seats and front..... ah man!
So...moral of the story.... if you are tempted to ride on a the back of a scooter, stick with a harley davidson cruiser. Harder to wreck. HA.... or better off.... make a guy take you for a ride in his lifted dodge :)

No comments: