Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Life after Christmas

Getting back into the swing of things is definitely not my favorite part of returning from Christmas break, but it's life, I suppose.

This past Christmas vacation for me was probably one of the more memorable ones. I decided to not go out and be with my friends every waking moment as I had the past few times I came home. Instead, this time, I spent every day with my family. We played games, laughed, teased, and ate, ate, ate. It was also a lot of fun for me to be able to take some pictures! here are a few of my favorites I took:



I also got my hair done. It's just about the same, just a bit darker... here's a picture:




I also went to Blake Jones' homecoming. it was sooo good to see him after two years! one of my all-time best guy friends in the entire world! :) He's already down at BYU. Crazy how quickly he had to get back into the swing of things. I met up with some friends for a day to see Sherlock Holmes. SUCH a good movie. I loved it! Amber came over before the movie and we got to catch up on each others lives a little bit. I hate how much things change after moving away for college and what not. It's so neat to see how people change and how some people never do! ha....

One of my favorite nights was going to dinner with Jessica and Marcie. One day... ONE DAY... I'll be all creative and crafty as them and be able to whip up these great blankets over night ha! I brought Alisyn with me and she did everything Emersyn told her to do! ha... those girls are so cute!


Well, now I'm back to reality, back into the swing of daily life. It's nice to be back in the sense that this is my home now. This is where I am supposed to be for the moment, and here is where I'll gain many memories both already created and to come. I am excited to see what the future holds.

I am also joining a sorority. I know, I know... no one ever thought this day would come, but I've thought about it and I'm pretty excited. It's through the LDS Institute at the University of Utah. I'm actually pretty excited. Rush is tomorrow! Wish me luck!!!


oh...p.s.... I finally bought my dang MacBook Pro. It's about time I have a decent computer!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

you crack me up. btw--everybody does what emersyn tells them to:) Good to see you!!!

marciekoch said...

Jenn - Dinner with you & Jess was one of my favorite parts of break too. I'm glad you think Jess & I are cool enough to hang out with, even though we were your old teachers in high school. :)
I'm in a women's service sorority - when I was asked to join, I really debated it, but it's turned out to be one of the best decisions I've made. It's enriched my life in ways it wouldn't have been otherwise. besides, the fun outings with friends! :) Enjoy!
Love you!

Maddie said...

I have lots of comments.... probably because I only get to see you only like once every millenia. Lol, but thank goodness for media so I can stalk you on the internet! ;)
Ok:
1) I also spent a very family oriented Christmas too, and it was the best ever! I am so glad you did that too.
2) I LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair, but I already told you that.
3) SHERLOCK HOLMES was AMAZING wasn't it! So fun!
4)Your pictures are GREAT.
5) That's exciting to have a friend home! One of mine comes home in 29 days, but who's counting.
6)I'm definitely having a hard time as well adjusting back to real life. Hopefully the long weekend will give me the chance to get back into the swing of things.
7) A SORORITY!! HAHA! I never really would have coined you as such. But let me know how rush goes! It sounds like fun!
8) A+ on the MacBook Pro! My roommate got one last semester and I am uber jealous at how nice it is! So good for you! You for sure deserve it!! And great for photo stuff right?

Basically, I realize that I need to call you and talk to you more. Have a great weekend! You are the best! Seriously!
<3 Maddie