Wednesday, January 20, 2010

2010 Goals

Just as every year comes and goes and New Year's Resolutions are brought to the table with much excitement and anticipation to change one's life, we all know that they dissolve within a very short time. Do people truly keep their Resolutions or is it mostly all talk, no action?
  As it is nearly February, I have already noticed that I am extremely lax with my goals for the year. I have decided I am taking a new turn on things for 2010. Five years ago, I am sure there were many things I expected to be doing with my life that I know I have not accomplished and I know I am not where I thought and hoped I'd be physically, mentally, and spiritually.
   Furthermore, I am making monthly goals instead of a large, general goal. Having small goals and having a time-line to accomplish that goal, I know that I'll be less susceptible to falling into my old ways that I have wanted to change for so long. I will have a few different goals or tasks per say that I'd like to accomplish this year, but as for improving my life and myself, those will be the monthly, smaller goals.

With that being said, let's roll out my Yearly goals and this month (and next month since I only have a couple more weeks) goals.

YEARLY:
1. Go on a large vacation of some sort- possibly another cruise, or Fiji, or somewhere I would never imagine I'd ever travel to.
2. Get down to my ideal weight and clothes size.
3. Go to Disney Land :)
4. Save 50% of my net income.
5. Read the Book or Mormon, Bible, and Doctrine and Covenants

Now for my Jan/Feb Goals:
1. Keep losing more weight and up my discipline to weigh 135 (definitely realistic goal)
2. Pay off my entire school loan.
3. Read 30 minutes a night in my scriptures.


phew. This will definitely be a hard month but I know I can do it... I'll let you know how my progress goes and if... I mean when :)... I meet my goal for the month.

Life is good. Let it roll!

5 comments:

Christianne said...

You can do it girl! :-) I'm also in the process of making some goals...its so hard to find motivation in a month so drab as January! Oh, and I love all the pictures that you have taken! You are so talented.

Jenna said...

Good for you! I have yet to make any resolutions for the year, so you're way ahead of me. Can I go on that trip with you? :)

Maddie said...

I like these goals! I am totally with you on the weight goal! Let's promise each other that we will do it! Accountability. Or competition. However you'd like to look at it to motivate you. ;)

Anna said...

Good goals i think monthly is way more realistic and achievable than yearly, so keep up the good work and don't give up, "by small and simple things are great things brought to pass" Love ya!

The Moronta's said...

Good resolutions! I love them! Disneyland in the fall?! Hawaii in a week! :) Love you girl!