Saturday, May 28, 2011

Mi Hermano, Hunter...

It's true... I am going home! Finally!

I haven't been able to be home since November, and I am ecstatic to see my family and attend Hunter's graduation!





Most of my very most vivid childhood memories are with my brother, Hunter. Through the years, we have gained more of a solid friendship instead of merely a brother-sister relationship. He, without hesitation, "facebook stalks" any boy I start to date and gives me the low-down on his take of them... To be honest, he is actually extremely accurate with his quick overall judgement of the men in my life. I seem to always get defensive when he tells me to drop the guy because he looks like a "fruit" or a "d-bag", but if only I would listen a little more, it'd save me much time in the dating scene... he thinks Alex looks "looks like a man" ha... don't know what exactly that means, but at least it's a positive accusation, right?

I think my very favorite memory of my brother is when I was in a certain situation in my life and was having a really rough time. I had called and talked to my mom and dad for a good couple of hours about it and asked for advice and shortly after hanging up, I got the sweetest text message from him saying he had over heard the conversation and went on to tell me how much he loved me and how he is blessed with such a great sister. I remember getting all teary eyed because if any of you know Hunter, he is a huge tease... He will never full realize how much that simple act helped me and how much strength it gave me to persevere through my rough time...
I should have framed  that text since most of his texts consist of him making fun of me... don't be deceived though, ladies... he's all tough and macho on the outside, but he is the sweetest, most caring and considerate boy I know!

With this being said, I am excited to go to his graduation this next weekend. I cannot believe he is already graduating high school! Insane! I do have to brag a little (not that I haven't this entire post), but Hunter is Chiawana High School's very first Valedictorian! Good Job! That's much more of an accomplishment than being Connell's Valedictorian! ha ha! I CANNOT wait for him to be at BYU in the fall! I look forward to hearing his graduation speech, and I hope I can figure something out to be able to hear his Seminary Graduation talk as well. How wonderful to be speaking at both! He is such a spiritual giant and I know that is why he has been so successful with school and his job. The Lord has blessed him greatly!

Hunter, I love you, little guy! :) You are such an amazing example to me and I hope one day I can be just a fraction of the person that you are! Congrats on your wonderful accomplishments this year! 

I can only imagine the anticipation you must have to realize you are going to be able to see me WHENEVER you want come Fall. Yep. I'd be stoked too ;)